This is a twist on the classic Cesar salad. All our salad leaves have done well this year, which is always good news as there are so many ways to enjoy freshly grown produce. This salad uses beautiful gem lettuce and some of our sweet but powerful basil to make a twist on this much loved dish. This recipe makes a great base Cesar dressing, it does make quite a lot but, it will keep in the fridge for 1-2 weeks. Alternatively 1/2 the recipe!
If you want to make this extra special, grill some streaky bacon, leave to cool and crumble over your salad!
2 Chicken Breasts
3 Tsp Pesto
1 Egg Yolk
100ml Sunflower Oil
100ml Olive Oil
100g Grated Parmesan
1 Tsp Anchovie Paste/4 Anchovies
1 Lemon Juiced
1 Tbsp Yogurt
3 Tsp Pesto
3 Slices of Thich cut Bread
1 Crushed Garlic
3 Tbsp Oil
1-2 Coz Lettuce
1. Heat up your griddle pan, then lightly oil
2. Griddle the chicken breast on each side
3. Place on a baking tray, cover with oil and bake at 180 for 12-15 minutes
4. Remove from the oven, brush with pesto then leave to cool
5. Once cool slice
Pesto Ceasar Dressing
1. Place the yolk and 1 tbsp of the lemon juice in a bowl, whisk lightly
2. Whisking continuously, slowly pour in the oil until all combined and thick.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients, season to taste.
4. You will not need all of this, keep in a jar in the fridge for 2 weeks
1. Mix the oil and garlic together
2. Dice the bread, coat in the garlic oil
3. Spread across a baking tray, bake at 180 for 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes
1. Wash lettuce
2. Assemble on a large plate- Lettuce on the bottom, scatter over the chicken, drizzle over your desired amount of dressing, then the croutons and finally shavings of Parmesan